Hello Bride-to-be and Welcome!
This is such an exciting time for you! I’m Katelynn of Katelynn Carlson Photography (outstanding and original business name, am I right?! how did i come up with it?)
I am so very thankful that you reached out to me! Before we get started, here are a few fun facts about me:
- I’m a cat mom of 1, and her name is Binx! Princess Binxy Babe if you want to get REALLY formal :)
- I have quite the addiction to collecting Alex and Ani bracelets
- I drive a Volkswagen beetle named Lilly, after one of my favorite brands: Lilly Pulitzer!
- I have an affinity for all things bright and floral
- Despite my professional employment at the Walt Disney Company for 5 years and my own personal photography business, I still write emails with smiley faces and don't bat an eyelash
- I am an animal lover at my core and have cried at WAY too many animal rescue videos on Youtube. I'm actually a trained cat and kitten foster mom for the local animal shelter.
- I am a family oriented gal, and consider my parents and grandparents my best friends
- I LOVE natural light and lush greenery
- I could eat about 1,000 chocolate covered pretzels if given enough time
- Avocados.. enough said.
- I torture my body 3 times at week at Orange Theory and I LOVE it.
Think we might get along? Let's talk about my style!
To me, photography on your wedding day is far more than just a transactional process and one time thing. It’s an overall experience that involves a complete connection and a particular level of comfort between the person in front of the camera and the person behind it. This is such an exciting time in your life and every step of the way should be celebrated. I love getting to see a person’s joy and happiness burst right through the frame and if I have captured a genuine emotion I have done my job. Although the pictures are a fantastic part of the experience, the people come before anything else. I want to be that photographer for you that not only takes your photos, but truly immerses myself into each moment with you as a couple.
having fun is so important!
What's a wedding day without fun?! There is so much that you could potentially stress yourself over, but why?! Let's throw that stress away and enjoy this amazing day. I am not afraid to dance at receptions, and to ham it up throughout the day, so please join me :)
the process | your engagement session
Getting to know you and your soon-to-be-spouse is something that is extremely important to me, and one of my favorite ways to do this is through an Engagement Session. As a part of your bridal experience, you will receive a complimentary engagement session that alows you to get to know me long before the big day, and begin to feel comfortable with my photography style. This will also ensure that you have a preview of what to expect on your wedding day!
I include engagement sessions in The Bridal Experience because I truly believe that they are a VITAL part of the entire process. During your engagement session, you’ll have the chance to get to know me, experience how I shoot and how I handle posing and lighting. This session will make a HUGE impact on how the wedding day flows. I’ll arrive on your wedding day already knowing how you two interact, what your best poses are and how to photograph you in a genuine way! What I will learn about you during your engagement session is invaluable! You will feel like such a pro on your big day because of the great practice you had during your engagement session and that’s how it should be!
Your engagement session can be scheduled anytime before your wedding day. I normally suggest booking it at least 3-6 months in advance to avoid stress. Sessions are normally from 5-7pm depending on the light and the time of the year. In the winter months, 3-5pm is a normal time frame for an eshoot! As you start to plan for your engagement shoot, you will need to start brainstorming about location ideas. I LOVE it when couples pick a location that is special or sentimental to them in some way! If you can’t think of anywhere specific that you would like to shoot, I can help you decide on a location!